I recently upgraded to 4.4.1 and overall upgrade is easy but I dont think you
can upgrade it with such a simple command since it involves intalling
(preseeding) sys template and manually changing settings from mysql tables to
reflect this change. If your distro is repo based, you manually need to change
setting from 4.3 to 4.4 in your cloudstack repo file  and also 4.4 upgrades
your java to 1.7 and I think they fixed few major bugs recently and sys
template is upgraded to 64 bit if I m not mistaken (with debian 7 I believe).
Most problems are resolved with 4.4.1 update and on our system with xenserver
working fine. If you are using it in production env. then I would wait couple
of months to upgrade to 4.4.1 and this version is more sophisticated then
previous versions. It seems to be more complete,predictable and more robust and
I really appriciate for those new features and bug fixes. I would suggest
reading documentation for 4.4 upgrade depending on your version so there are
some few things you have to complete "before" upgrading to 4.4.1...

sam

Sent from my iPhone