Good one :)
Motty, also, can you ogin to VR as I suggested, and install iperf there,
and just benchmark from VR to one of the VMs ? Just to see if number
differs at all.. I'm not into Xen at all - but I also guess VR for Xen has
para-virtualizes drivers inside....  Just for your comparison of emulated
vs para-virtualized drivers, my test case: 2 VMs (both on same physical
host!) emulated intel NICs - iperf gives arround 1.2 Gbps. Same setup,
virtio NICs - iperf gives 8.9Gbps - default iperf options, no tuning
nothings...

--

Andrija Panić