Hi Andrija,

> On 5. Sep 2019, at 15:07, Andrija Panic <andrija.pa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> the message is that no host is connected to that specific datastore -
> "Unable to start VM on Host[-1-Routing] due to StartCommand failed due to
> Exception: java.lang.RuntimeException
> Message: Datastore '-iqn.2010-01.com.solidfire:x64j.root-29.17-0' is not
> accessible. ***No connected and accessible host is attached to this
> datastore***."
>
> You can see that message being returned by VMware actually, not ACS (I
> checked the code for that message - no results)
> https://vmninja.wordpress.com/2019/04/05/remove-inaccessible-datastore-from-inventory/

I assumed the message did come from ACS since there were no corresponding
messages in vcenter.
Before every new deployment attempt I get sure there are not leftovers, neither
in vcenter nor on the solidfire.

> Can you describe exactly how did you add SF to the ACS/VMware - you already
> wrote you created iSCSI HBAs....? What are the parameters/options used to
> add SF as Primary Storage to ACS? I expect (since no proper documentation
> yet) that you might have somehow incomplete or wrong setup in place.
In vcenter there was already a VMkernel interface which is used for nfs
datastrores.
So first I created a ISCSI Software Adapter and added the existing VMkernel
interface via the network port binding option to the ISCSI Software Adapter.
Afterwards I did a force re-connect of the host in ACS.

Then I followed the youtube guide by Mike to add the solidfire as primary
storage with
Protocol = custom
Provider = solidfire
Managed = true
Filled in IOPS and Capacity and the URL as follows:
MVIP=<MVIP>;SVIP=<SVIP>;clusterAdminUsername=<USERNAME>;clusterAdminPassword=<PASSWORD>;clusterDefaultMinIops=100;clusterDefaultMaxIops=200;clusterDefaultBurstIopsPercentOfMaxIops=1.5

The odd thing is that I managed to have one deployment working, but only once.
This VM was running fine, I could ssh to it, use the console etc...

Regards
Christian