I completely agree. I'm a fairly new Cocoon user and it took me a while to
get used to it...

Besides, look at MySQL or JBoss: they try to have an easy install process.
Even Microsoft is doing it too...

I think it's good to smooth the installation process for a new user. The
easiest it is, the most will try and eventually they'll use it.

for instance I know tons of webdeveloper with no formal training and admin
sys competencies. They use EasyPHP (a great product by the way) to develop
their websites. Why? B/C it's easy to install on windows and for now
definitely easier than Cocoon.