Lincoln wrote:
I am new to Cocoon/Jxforms and am trying to achieve a mini content
management
system where an admin user via the browser can edit simple web content
stored in "content.xml" on the server. I believe I need to use Jxforms but
maybe Forms or Xforms is best.

There are currently three form frameworks in Cocoon:

1. XMLForms (deprecated)
2. JXForms (unlikely to be further extended)
3. Cocoon Forms (a.k.a. Woody)

Woody is quite robust and rich with features, even though it is still considered "alpha" quality and some specifications may change. If you're just exploring and not committed to a particular release date, I would suggest going with Woody and the most current version of Cocoon 2.1.4-dev straight from CVS.

Ugo