On Monday 02 February 2004 06:19 pm, Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> On 03.02.2004 00:00, Anna Bikkina wrote:
> > I need the output in the cocoon pipelines. I am already using the
> > jspReader but it gives me errors.  Below is the sitemap that I am using
> > to generate jsp pages. Is JSPReader another option of JTidy/JSPGenerator.
>
> You still have the explanation of the two components in your sitemap:
>
> JSPGenerator: JspGenerator is used to get result of a JSP page then
> output it as XML (SAX events)
>
> JSPReader: JSPReader is used to serve direct output from a JSP page.
> Note, that JSP result can be non XML
>
> This means the reader has no problem with reading non-XML as it does not
> have to create SAX events out of it. It just outputs the result to the
> client.
>
> The JSPGenerator *does* generate SAX events of it, i.e. it parses the
> JSP output. But this will only work with well-formed XML output.

Since I have both the JSPGenerator and the JSPReader in the sitemap. Which one
is used to display the output of the jsp page.

> When I asked for the need of the JSP output in the pipelines I meant the
> SAX events. If it is enough for you to give the JSP output directly to
> the client, you do not need to parse it. Only if you need the SAX
> events, e.g. for manipulating them via a transformer, you need the
> tidying JSPGenerator.
>
> You said you got errors with JSPReader? What's the error? It should work
> the same way like JSPGenerator (besides the parsing of course).

Here is the error I got

An Error Occurred

ServletException in JspGenerator.generate()

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: ServletException in
JspGenerator.generate()

cause: org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: ServletException in
JspGenerator.generate()

stacktrace[hide]

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: ServletException in
JspGenerator.generate()
        at
org.apache.cocoon.generation.JspGenerator.generate(JspGenerator.java:124)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.processXMLPipeline(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:557)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.processXMLPipeline(AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:196)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.process(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:501)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SerializeNode.invoke(SerializeNode.java:147)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:84)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.invoke(PreparableMatchNode.java:164)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:108)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(PipelineNode.java:163)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:108)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(PipelinesNode.java:152)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcessor.java:354)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcessor.java:307)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.MountNode.invoke(MountNode.java:133)