Reinhard Poetz schrieb:

I have been working on http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs/g2/g1/1370.html. I hope that it helps.

said first I have no knowlwedge of maven or cocoon2.2.

Your tutorials for me are typical examples of the problems regarding the
   current cocoon documentation.

It's very valuable if you already know why and how to do what you want. It
helps for nothing if you are a real beginner.

Compare this to tutorials for Netbeans, Eclipse or the JBoss IDE. Instead of
showing what you do and possibly why you do it, you choose a set of very simple
unrelated topics to achieve a very short and pregnant documentation for people
which already know what they do.

Simply put the screenshots of your Eclipse in the documentation, this explains much more than your text. Document your example (your first Cocoon application ...) from the very beginning, i.e. installation and setup within eclipse (from svn/from distribution) including the setup for the application server if needed. Choose a real production application server instead of the bundled Jetty. Explain if it works with Plugins (WTP/JBoss IDE) and how.

Providing the community with a non trivial tutorial that covers a website with
structured templates for content, navigation and metadata, combined with a real
world error handling would help to get new users an impression of the
developement cycle and the structure of a cocoon application. If you also
explain how to manage the different versions (cocoon, the cocoon application
i.e. sitemap, the website templates and the web content) in one or more svn
repositories then we have a sound base to start with and additional
documentation can refer to this tutorial.

With a screenshot based documentation everyone is able to see if there is a
difference between the tutorial and his own computer and check out why there is
a difference (other versions etc.).

Greetings
Reinhard

begin:vcard
fn:Reinhard Haller
n:Haller;Reinhard
org:INTERACTIVE Computer Systems GmbH
adr;quoted-printable:;;Hermann-Hesse-Str. 5;Kirchheim b. M=C3=BCnchen;Bayern;85551;Deutschland
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Dipl. Inform.
tel;work:+49 89 904885-13
tel;fax:+49 89 904885-22