Robin Rigby pisze:
Yes, Firefox and IE both read it OK.  I still get the 403 error with wget
and, of course, with Maven.
Is there a way to save it and configure Maven to use it locally?  Or should
I go look for a Maven mailing list?

You could put the pom file in local repository (where Maven usually puts it automatically) but this method is rather clumsy and it's very likely that it will fail with next file it needs.

Yes, it's plain Maven issue so I think you should ask on Maven users mailing list but before you do so I strongly advise you to check if Maven is allowed to download anything. Also, it will be first thing that you will be asked on Maven list ;-)

Since I'm already writing, you could also try -X option that gives *a lot* of debug information. It may be that you will find something useful there.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski