Derek Hohls wrote:
At least, according to this article:
http://java.dzone.com/news/death-xslt-web-frameworks Maybe some of the developers, or other power users here, would like to comment at this blog - I see Cocoon also gets
a "dig in the ribs" ...
Derek

I saw this also. A few of his points are simply wrong (3 and 5, though his point 4 explains a lot in that regard), but what pained me the most was this:

"...from the point of view of web browser to have perfectly valid XHTML is good, but not crucial, and from the point of view of web designer or developer the DOM behind it doesn't matter at all, and making the template valid XML is of no importance."

No! Producing valid xml as the final output to the browser is one of those things that *seems* unimportant...until it isn't. You never know what your html output will be used for. If you produce tag soup, then you are limiting the potential for others to do interesting and unexpected things with your pages. That's fine if that is your intent, but please consider the value of well marked up, parse-able output.

In any event, I find cocoon (and xslt) useful for some things, not so much for others. I will continue to use it. End of story.

StanD.