From: Andrew Clegg <and...@nervechannel.com>
Subject: Re: CXF - WSDL : Newbie question
To: "xpsytor" <xpsy...@yahoo.com>
Cc: users@cxf.apache.org
Date: Wednesday, June 24, 2009, 9:21 AM

2009/6/24 xpsytor <xpsy...@yahoo.com>:

> In my case, method return type is an abstract class, wherein the actual
> object returned is of its subclasses.
> Problem 1: This subclass-es is missing in wsdl

Not too sure about how this is handled -- someone here with more
Java-first experience can help.

This might give you some pointers though:

http://weblogs.java.net/blog/kohlert/archive/2006/10/jaxws_and_type.html

> Problem 2: The method return type class has become EMPTY. All method
> definitions inside the original abstract class are gone!

Okay -- let me see if I've got this straight.

CXF is generating a WSDL from your annotated server-side code,
including definitions for classes which some of the methods return.

Then you're generating client-side code from the WSDL.

You can't expect the client-side classes to contain method definitions
-- how could you get business logic from a WSDL? A WSDL is only a way
of describing operations and the data structures they work on, it's
not a way of expressing Java code in XML!

The client-side generated classes should have constructors, fields,
getters and setters though -- if they're missing these, there's a
problem with the WSDL.

> Hope that explanation was clear without me printing out the actual classes
> involved here.

Beyond this point, it's hard to say much more without code examples...

Andrew.

--
:: http://biotext.org.uk/ ::