Daniel Kulp wrote:
You could definitely do this.   In your application context, import META-
INF/cxf/cxf-extension-http-jetty.xml instead of the cxf-servlet. Any jaxws:endpoint things, use a full URL (http://blah:8081/Foo) or whatever and CXF should bring up jetty on that port and put the endpoint there.
Daniel,
Thank you so very much, I've been banging my head against a brick wall all afternoon for that and what I was missing was the import. I'm still left with a web.xml that mentions CXF Servlet, when I tried removing that Tomcat got upset because there was nothing to load - is that OK in there?

For the other suggestions:
We don't have any WebSphere, or other IBM code, in our place at the moment and I'd rather keep to things we do have (I'm trying to make this simple!). I don't like servicemix (or JBI in general) because of the complexity of the number of separate projects that need to be hung together (even two is too many, I need simple) - I haven't tried 4, and would rather not until it's proved itself, but OSGi may be easier to work with than JBI.
Thanks for the suggestions though.

Jim