Hi Colm,

I make a new very simple example.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9NfBsCykkXqX0wwbExSZEpEeEU/edit?usp=sharing

Steps:
1.- in server folder:  mvn install. Generate a war file
2.- Clean tomcat webapps/ old example, work/Catalina/*, temp/*. It solve a
problem with "server.jks" and signed headers.
3.- Start tomcat.
4.- deploy war in tomcat.
5.- in
CXF_checkFault/client/src/test/java/es/test/cxf/checkfault/client/ClientTest.java
read comments and run tests.

RESUME:
When: <property name="checkFaults" value="true"></property>
Exception because the response header is not signed. Thats OK.

When: <property name="checkFaults" value="false"></property>
Only SoapException reponses are OK
Server Response OK, is returned in the test as null or 0.

Thanks for your time
JMPrieto