Hi

I've added

<extraargs>
<extraarg>-xjc-episode sun-jaxb.episode</extraarg>
 <extraArg>-verbose</extraArg>
</extraargs>

to systests/jaxrs/pom.xml wadl resource build and I'm seeing

[INFO]
[INFO] --- cxf-wadl2java-plugin:3.2.0-SNAPSHOT:wadl2java (generate-sources) @ cxf-systests-jaxrs --- wadl2java -d /home/sberyozkin/work/apache/cxf/master/systests/jaxrs/target/generated/src/main/java -p org.apache.cxf.systest.jaxrs.codegen.service -sp http://superbooks=org.apache.cxf.systest.jaxrs.codegen.schema -impl -xjc-episode sun-jaxb.episode -verbose file:/home/sberyozkin/work/apache/cxf/master/systests/jaxrs/src/test/resources/wadl/bookstoreImport.xml

and then

Caused by: com.sun.tools.xjc.BadCommandLineException: unrecognized parameter -episode sun-jaxb.episode
        at com.sun.tools.xjc.Options.parseArguments(Options.java:814)

The exception is coming from com.sun.tools.xjc.
Also extended the test locally and seeing in a debug mode that "-episode sun-jaxb.episode" is passed to XJC.

I'm really not sure why '-verbose' (or rather the next etraarg) is not recognized in your case, it may be something to do with some extra space/etc characters confusing the options parser.

If you can create a Maven test project reproducing this failure then I will have another look into it

Re the episode containing no schema locations - have a look at the comment at CXF-5647, I pasted there a quote from Oracle docs where it is obvious having these missing attributes is a 'must'. I'm honestly not sure what WADLToJava can do to have those extra bindings applied properly if there's no link between such bindings and the schemas they are supposed to affect, given that WADL may have many schemas...

Cheers, Sergey