I've really no idea how 'episode' needs to be passed to the XJC compiler, as a single value or as two values, I've never even heard about such an XJC parameter before you started talking about it.

Can you tell me what is the proper way to pass it to XJC ?

And it is still the case that a -verbose issue you brought in as part of talking about the 'episode' is another issue, so it is up to you if you'd like to pursue that issue further.