> <extraargs>
>  <extraarg>-xjc-episode sun-jaxb.episode</extraarg>
>  <extraArg>-verbose</extraArg>
> </extraargs>
>
> to systests/jaxrs/pom.xml wadl resource build and I'm seeing
>
> [INFO]
> [INFO] --- cxf-wadl2java-plugin:3.2.0-SNAPSHOT:wadl2java
> (generate-sources) @ cxf-systests-jaxrs ---
> wadl2java -d
> /home/sberyozkin/work/apache/cxf/master/systests/jaxrs/target/generated/src/main/java
> -p org.apache.cxf.systest.jaxrs.codegen.service -sp
> http://superbooks=org.apache.cxf.systest.jaxrs.codegen.schema
> -impl -xjc-episode sun-jaxb.episode -verbose
> file:/home/sberyozkin/work/apache/cxf/master/systests/jaxrs/src/test/resources/wadl/bookstoreImport.xml
>
> and then
>
> Caused by: com.sun.tools.xjc.BadCommandLineException: unrecognized
> parameter -episode sun-jaxb.episode
>         at com.sun.tools.xjc.Options.parseArguments(Options.java:814)
>
> The exception is coming from com.sun.tools.xjc.
> Also extended the test locally and seeing in a debug mode that "-episode
> sun-jaxb.episode" is passed to XJC.
>
> I'm really not sure why '-verbose' (or rather the next etraarg) is not
> recognized in your case, it may be something to do with some extra
> space/etc characters confusing the options parser.
>
> If you can create a Maven test project reproducing this failure then I
> will have another look into it

But doesn't you already have reproduced this failure?
<extraarg>-xjc-episode sun-jaxb.episode</extraarg>  - this style is not
working.

Looks like  "-episode sun-jaxb.episode" is passed to XJC as single
parameter, and XJC does not recognizes it.

P.S.
Actually with tMap  I also need to place parameter and argument in separate
extraargs

Like
                                        <extraarg>-tMap</extraarg>

<extraarg>{namaspace}xsdType=some.java.Clazz</extraarg>

But in case of episode paramter "two extraarg" form is not working, for
some reason

If this is not enough, i will create maven project.