I saw Doreen Seider demonstrate an OSGi workflow engine that they use
internally at German Aerospace (I think).  It had a graphical element to it,
but I don't know how open / available it was.

http://85.92.73.37/podcast/java-jee/osgi-based-workflow-engine

I don't know how helpful that will be, sorry.

Cheers,
Chris