It seems to me that you've been working on the same path that Uriana goes
(same methodology).

The point with Uriana is that when developping for IPAD you will use mobile
library instead of application library, which simplifies the
application-module architecture exchanging it for a simplified Sections and
views within a section architecture, but in the end you change some
components and extend Mobile based ones to get everything done.

I find it quite simple to work with, and I hope it will fit your purposes
well.

Thanks for your interest.

Cheers,
Carlos.