Elena, I'll be extremely happy to be able to use flex for mobile
it would save me a lot of headache in layout and data architecture
it is mature, modular boutique framework to my taste
and yes of-course, anyone can choose what they want
I'm not here to negate flex, but to surface a critical issue for its
relevancy
I'd love to see flex flourish.
I ask this to open the discussion on mobile development.
a discussion that would hopefully yield a direction that can match
and surpass the current mobile development alternatives.

Justin, flex is far better development wise then feathers to my needs.
feathers is aiming to add some ui capabilities to games, and my needs are
list based/ screen based applications.
this is far more suitable to build in flex and would take a lot less time
and code sharing would indeed be a treat.

When I'm talking about performance, I wasn't implying games first-person
shooter syle, but screen transitions, lists swipes and easing.... general
rendering and responsiveness

Mark, your words are very reassuring.
I'll be extremely happy to find out I was dead wrong and flex can pull
through
and as devices become stronger in processing power, the more relevant flex
would be for mobile.
I'll definitely give it a shot and report back.

cheers everyone
Ajar

CasaVersa ~ <http://www.casaversa.com> ~ Travel for all {

<https://www.facebook.com/CasaVersa.Home.Exchange>