I think the answer to your question depends on the software you are
planning to develop. In my experience FLEX works good with form-based
applications, such as managing, registering or so, where development times
are significantly lower than using other alternative technologies and the
final app performance is acceptable.

I would stand out of the flex way for hardware consuming apps though.

By the way, Uriana helps a lot (in my opinion) to develop medium-large
mobile modular applications, as it provides several framework prebuilt
pieces to deal with common mobile issues.

Hope that helps.