You're right, helping people with their immediate problem is important,
and I actually did provide him with a link that should answer his
questions, so I wasn't saying "go away, do your homework" at all.

Still, research is a key skill for a developer, no matter the technology
or learning-state you are in. Whatever, wrong place for that topic. EOD
IMHO.