Thanks Om.

This is valuable information. I suspect it will become a reference for other users with similar challenges in the future.

Thanks again,

Lane.

From: "OmPrakash Muppirala" <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, April 03, 2015 12:29 PM
To: <users@flex.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Access mp3 files in iOS

Using Adobe AIR's File class would be the best option for this. This would
ensure that the app works correctly in a cross-platform way.

Here are all the locations you can access on iOS:

iOS

Application

/var/mobile/Applications/uid/filename.app

Application-storage

/var/mobile/Applications/uid/Library/Application
Support/applicationID/Local Store

Cache

/var/mobile/Applications/uid/Library/Caches

Desktop

not accessible

Documents

/var/mobile/Applications/uid/Documents

Temporary

/private/var/mobile/Applications/uid/tmp/FlashTmpNNN

User

not accessible

In your case, using File.applicationStorageDirectory
or File.documentsDirectory seems most appropriate.

There is a detailed reference here:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/as3/dev/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d118666ade46-7fe4.html

Hope this helps.

Thanks,