Ok ... now that is strange.
I know that it was once available as I was the one who helped the original
maintainer in deploying it there. Now I too can't find it and I can only build
because I have it in my private Maven repo.

Think I should put some more effort in finally deploying apache flex-unit ... I
just wanted to send you the link for the snapshot, but it seems the job I set
up on builds.apache.org is failing for quite some time cause one SSL handshake
error while downloading some libs in the build ...

I'll look into this and will try to have flexunit out the door as soon as
possible.
I just deployed a new SNAPSHOT version of FlexUnit 4.3 manually from my machine.

just replace your flexunit dependency with this:

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.flex.flexunit</groupId>
    <artifactId>flexunit-flex</artifactId>
    <version>4.3.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
    <type>swc</type>
    <scope>test</scope>
</dependency>

Flexmojos should detect the correct adapter and it should work without
modification to your code/build.

Chris