On 2/25/16, 5:02 AM, "sta-ger" <pascaldel...@gmail.com> wrote:

>The same accessibility as in the case of traditional Flash Player based
>implementation of Flex. The conception is to make Canvas something like
>Flash Player and implement all the application context at it's bounds.

Tom is correct that accessibility is one reason the current FlexJS
components use DOM objects.  The Flash Player has its own accessibility
implementation that is unavailable to use without Flash and the browsers
have their own APIs that we will leverage to implement accessibility some
day.

But in the bigger picture, FlexJS is being designed to not have just one
set of components like Flex did with Spark.  FlexJS wants to support many
different kinds of component sets.  The one you see now is designed to use
DOM objects not just for accessibility, but for minimizing the amount of
code we have to write and support and your users have to download.  And in
order to write such a set, we are trying to leverage what the runtimes can
give us for free, like a Button, accessibility, mouse target management,
keyboard focus management, etc.

But right now I am working on a component set that more closely matches
the MX and Spark component APIs in order to lower the migration effort.
However, just to get UIComponent to cross-compile, I have had to drag in a
ton of ActionScript to be cross-compiled to JS so I am expecting a
significant download size for this component set, but if that's what
people want to use, well, then they can.

I am hopeful that someone will do what you want and write a component set
that draws in Canvas.  Lizhi has something like that working using WebGL.
I believe Josh is working on mapping Feathers to JS.

So there is no need to really argue about which way is better.  I have
picked one way that minimizes the amount of code we need to write and
debug and download and run, but other ways are more than welcome.

-Alex