Hi,

> for(var s:Object in mainArrayCollection)

From memory for in loops are slow I’d avoid this if possible - probably where
all the length calculations are coming from?

>                               {
>                                       proxyArray[s] = new
> ObjectProxy(mainArrayCollection[s]);
>                               }

If you really need to do this (and have enough memory) keep the
mainArrayCollection around and create a proxy one to bind to, but only do the
calculations on the original mainArrayCollection. Better still try and avoid
the ObjectProxy if you can.

> I truly don't know how to make a bindable class of my own.

Something like this:

package
{
        [Bindable] public class Data
        {
                public var prop:Number;
                public var name:String;
        }
}

> I am in the process of converting my arraycollection to an array

There’s no need to convert, just use mainArrayCollection.source as that will
give you the array underlying the array collection.

> As Gary posted earlier, do you think it would be even better if I transferred
> the data to Vectors?

Perhaps/perhaps not. I’d guess not as it seem to me likely your bottle necks
are elsewhere.

Thanks,
Justin