You didn’t mention what format the data coming out of the PHP app is, but you
can probably use strlen(serialize(yourstructure)) to get the size from PHP.

From: bilbosax<mailto:waspenc...@comcast.net>
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2017 7:19 PM
To: users@flex.apache.org<mailto:users@flex.apache.org>
Subject: Size of Result Returned From MySQL

I am writing an AIR app for mobile devices for real estate.  It uses web
services to get data from MySQL using PHP and returns it to my app.  My
MySQL database will be hosted on Amazon Web Services, and my concern is
cost.  I will have thousands of users pinging my database every day, and the
result sets are quite large.  I need to know HOW large to see if I need to
limit the amount of data that I am giving to my users.  If I am transfering
30GB of data an hour, I am not going to be able to afford the bandwidth per
year.  So I need to know approximately how much data is transfered per query
into my app so I can kind of guestimate how much bandwidth I will need to
pay for, but I am not sure how to do this.

It doesn't look like any of the services allow you to get a result size for
the returned data.  I transfer the results to an arraycollection, but there
does not seem to be a size property for an arraycollection either.  My only
other thought is if there might be a network monitor that I could use to see
how much information was transferred when I process my query across the web.

Any suggestions on how I could get a fairly good idea of how much data is
flowing into my app when I execute a database query?

Thanks guys!!