**
Hi,

I tried using the FormPanel but the QueryPanel seems to fit better in this
case. I want the user to be able to filter data coming from a WFS after
specifying certain conditions, which differ from case to case.

I got the GeoExt QueryPanel working so far, it recognizes the layers
available on my Geoserver but it is not able to get the attribute columns of
the dataset. I configured a proxy on my Apache Server. A DescribeFeatureType
request is sent when selecting the layer I want to filter from. The same
happens when trying to choose the attribute column in the query panel, but
there are none displayed.

These are the request URLs:

[
http://localhost/cgi-bin/proxy.cgi/wfs?VERSION=1.1.0&REQUEST=DescribeFeatureType&TYPENAME=cases]

[
http://localhost/cgi-bin/proxy.cgi/wfs?VERSION=1.1.0&REQUEST=DescribeFeatureType&TYPENAME=cases&query=]

Opening the reply bodies of these requests in a new tab via Firebug, I get
to the OpenLayers webpage...
Does anybody have a clue what´s going wrong here and why the attribute
fields cannot be read but all the layers on geoserver are displayed?

@ Matt: The print function is what I need for the Map "Export". Furthermore
I want to be able to export the attribute table of the query made in the
QueryPanel as a *.csv or similar filetype that can be read in Excel.

Any help is appreciated!

Cheers,

Philippe