Hello Hugo,

for your second problem you may use the beforeprint event of the PrintProvider class, with the
listener arguments:

   * printProvider - GeoExt.data.PrintProvider

<http://geoext.org/lib/GeoExt/data/PrintProvider.html#GeoExt.data.PrintProvider>
     this PrintProvider
   * map - OpenLayers.Map the map being printed
   * pages - Array of GeoExt.data.PrintPage
     <http://geoext.org/lib/GeoExt/data/PrintPage.html#GeoExt.data.PrintPage>
     the print pages being printed
   * options - Object the options to the print command

see: http://geoext.org/lib/GeoExt/data/PrintProvider.html

Maybe you check and rearrange your map object here.

Best regards,
Chris