Hello Ian,

On Wed, 22 Jun 2011 21:11:43 -0700 (PDT)
ian_mcquay <ian.mcq...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Non of my LibreOffice 3.3.3 applications will start. When I launch Calc or
> Writer I get LibreOffice Document Recovery dialog box with no items in the
> list to be recovered. It says "Due to an unexpected error, LibreOffice
> crashed. All the files you were working on will now be saved. The next time
> LibreOffice is launche, your files will be recovered automatically."
>
> In Task Manager no LibreOffice application are running. Three LibreOffice
> processes are running. Soffic.bin, soffice.exe and calc.exe.

While in the Task Manager, just delete soffice.bin, this should also
automatically delete the two other processes.

> When I click "Okay" on the dialog (the only option) no Calc window starts
> but the three processes are still running.

If you see the recovery assistant again, instead of saying "yes, recover my
files" just click on "cancel" and LibO should start anew with a new document or
at least with the startcenter open.

> If I try and start Calc again nothing visible happens. It duplicates the
> processes in Task Manager.
> If I kill off the processors and start again. I get the LibreOffice Document
> Recovery dilog again.

I can see that this is frustrating - please try the above mentioned methods and
report back if it has helped you.

Sigrid