Sigrid said: While in the Task Manager, just delete soffice.bin, this should
also automatically delete the two other processes.

Thanks that works.

Sigrid said:  If you see the recovery assistant again, instead of saying
"yes, recover my files" just click on "cancel" and LibO should start anew
with a new document or at least with the startcenter open.

There is no Cancel button just OK. The close [X] in the top corner does not
work either.

Sigrid said:  I can see that this is frustrating - please try the above
mentioned methods and report back if it has helped you.

Not so far.  Sorry for the delay for got to watch this email for responses.
I checked the MD5 on my download an that is fine.
I have tried repair but that did not change anything.
I did a new install over the top and it started calc once but not again.
I did an uninstall (twice) and re-install. One allowed me to start calc then
writer but then it was back to recovery. The other time it was straight to
recovery.

I am downloading 3.4.0

Ian