Tom said: Can you re-name your current user-profile to get it all back to
"factory
defaults"?

Woo Hoo. Thanks Tom! That seems to have done the trick. I have opened
several LO apps through the day and no problems.

RE What version.

I was having the same problems on 3.3.3 and 3.4.0. It is fine now in 3.4.0
with the user-profile changed.  3.3.3 is still uninstalled.

So it was something in the user profile that caused the problems.

There is a .tmp file in the old *3\user* directory. I moved it to the new
directory but id did not affect the starting.

Thanks one and all for the help.

Ian