Sigrid Carrera wrote:
> If you see the recovery assistant again, instead of saying "yes, recover my
> files" just click on "cancel" and LibO should start anew with a new document
> or at least with the startcenter open.
>
>> If I try and start Calc again nothing visible happens. It duplicates the
>> processes in Task Manager.
>> If I kill off the processors and start again. I get the LibreOffice Document
>> Recovery dilog again.
>
> I can see that this is frustrating - please try the above mentioned methods
> and report back if it has helped you.

You could also try to bypass the recovery process.  In a command
interface (Start -> Run -> cmd), try the following:
soffice -norestore

It might be necessary navigate to the directory where soffice resides
(if there is no environment set) before you try the above command, but
I'm really not sure.  I haven't personally tried it, but from what I
read it should skip the recovery process, which seems to be giving you
some trouble.

Regards
Stephan