Am 10.07.2011, 15:49 Uhr, schrieb webmaster for Kracked Press Productions <webmas...@krackedpress.com>:

On 07/09/2011 07:12 PM, Zak McKracken wrote:
Am 09.07.2011, 20:40 Uhr, schrieb webmaster for Kracked Press Productions <webmas...@krackedpress.com>:>
My hosting company will not allow files larger than 700+ MB and the two DVD versions [3.3.3 and 3.4.1] of LibreOffice are over 3.4 GB in size. The account has not issues of having 100 GB of executable files online but if I have any ISO files, then they say that I am a repository and it is not allowed.

Hmm... what would happen if you put the ISOs into a zip container? :)

3.7 GB as an ISO
3.4 GB as a zipped file.

I was refereing to the hosting company not liking iso files but having no problem with executables. So maybe zip files are no problem either? Or make them self-extracting archives, so you'll have executables ... problem solved :) If then it is possible to seed a torrent from that hosting machine, the bandwidth problem also becomes a lot less of a problem.

 Zak

P.S.: Sorry for seemingly not knowing the rest of the thread ... gmane gives me many of the posts a lot later than they are posted, and my own ones sometimes take days to become visible ...

P.P.S.: Good luck with the distribution (and maintenance!) of the DVDs, they seem like a pretty good idea!