On Sun, 2012-02-05 at 09:00 -0500, webmaster for Kracked Press
Productions wrote:
> After using the 3.4.4 version on a 64-bit Ubuntu 10.04 system, I came
> across an error.
>
> The "Paste Special" option in Writer seems not to work.  I have not
> tried it in the other modules, since I had not needed to use it for them
> before.
>
> Yesterday was the first time I used that option since moving from 3.4.3
> to 3.4.4.  It did nothing.  Using "Paste" worked, but I wanted to have
> the text inserted as unformatted.  What I did was copy some info from a
> web site and pasted it into a document that would later be emailed.  I
> did not want the HTML formatting to be there.  I have done this many
> times with 3.4.3 and it worked fine, but 3.4.4 did not when I tried it.
>
> I know that there is a 3.4.5 version out, but right now I am using 3.4.4
> and if I found this issue, people I deal with might ask me about this
> issue.  I have given out many 3.4.4 DVDs [not as many 3.4.3 though] so
> if there is an issue with Paste Special, on Windows and not just with
> the 64-bit .deb version, then I need to know about it.
>
> SO, has any other users tried the Paste Special option in Writer?

      This is something that I noticed some time ago using 3.4.4. from
the LO website. In my case, Control+Shift+V did not open the usual
dialog allowing me to select my preferred style to use for the pasted
material. One thing I thought peculiar was that clicking
Edit gave me a menu in which Paste was active but Paste Special was
grayed out. So, I have had the same experience.
      I must say that 3.4.5 from the LO website does not have this
problem.
--Dan