Hi everybody,
At the risk of getting on people's nerves...
I have been trying on and off to download and install the native
mysql-connector for LO-3.5
from the extensions site. I run Linux-Mint 12 (Lisa) as well as Debian-Wheezy.

Whenever I try to activate it, I get the message  loading component library
failed
~/.config/libreoffice/3/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/lupqfyfc.tmp_/mysql-native-connector-1.0.1-linux-32bit.oxt/mysqlc.uno.so
This file is of course present in exactly that directory and it always is the
version
just downloaded a minute before. I have played around with less restricive
permissions of
mysqlc.uno.so, but that didn't help. Any idea of what might be wrong?
Heinz