On 07/02/2012 20:08, drew wrote:
Periodically you should perform the following. When finished using the database, open the SQL window. Menu [File>SQL] In the command window enter: SHUTDOWN COMPACT You should, after a short while receive in the status field the message: "1: Command successfully executed." At that point close the file. [you must do so as the database engine is indeed shutdown at this point] This will reduce the size of the file on disk and the memory used at run-time, and will increase performance on startup and shutdown. Depending on how actively you edit that table this period can be once a week or once every two weeks..can't say what is right for your specific usage.

Thanks Drew!!

This worked a treat for me and I can see a marked improvement in my close-down times of the main DB and also closing Queries,

A real Gem!! (Is there any way of automating this do you know??)

Ian Whitfield
Pretoria