Hi Drew

First of all, maybe I wasn't clear in my previous message: I think the epub
is fantastic for e-readers, I'm just arguing that PDF also is fantastic for
other situations. Each one has a proper use and qualities as well as
limitations.

There is no such thing as a "perfect" file format.

drewjensen wrote

> 1st - if we continue this, and I would not mind at all, how about we
> kick it over to the discuss list?

Unfortunately this is not a Forum, we can not move topics :) We would have
to start all over at the Discuss mailing list...

drewjensen wrote

> Instead of saying "see the scratch mark on tablet 4", use a hyperlink.
> It will be just as valid when the pages flow differently on different
> devices.

I think the Editors wouldn't like that when they send you a Proof that has
been typesetted and ready for printing. When you say line 4 of the 1st
column in page 40, that is where it is going to stay :)

drewjensen wrote

> I'm not saying there is no place for PDF and it's like just that there
> are other ways to view the world, the new world.

Couldn't agree more ;)

Regards,
Pedro