Hi :)
Ahh, Gedit and a few others should be able to handle Unix eol.  Notepad++
almost certainly doesn't.  It might do but if it's anything to do with MS then
it probably can't.  SciTE probably can but i'm not certain.  If you are using
Gnu&Linux or Bsd then any text-editor will handle it.  Gedit has a Windows
version and i just googled for a download page
http://gedit.en.softonic.com/
their main page doesn't seem to have one (grrr)
http://projects.gnome.org/gedit/