On Fri, 09 Aug 2013 12:52:57 +0200
Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I make my first steps in using Linux and have got a OpenSuse 12.3 on my
> old Notebook. Now I try to install LO4.1. I have download the archive,
> unpacked it and followed the instructions in its readme. I can get the
> single modules from the application launcher, but there remain two problems.
> (1)
> The instruction mention a directory "desktop-integration" to be in the
> folder RPMS, but there is no such directory.

Hi Regina,
When you are in the RPM directory, after installing the main LO programs, do
this:

"cd ./desktop-integration" and then 'rpm -Uvh *suse*.rpm".  That should take
care of #1.

> (2)
> I want to get an icon on the desktop, which launches the start center,
> not a specific module. How do I get that?
>
> Kind regards
> Regina

Not sure  about what you mean by the "start center". In the lower left corner
of the screen (if you're using KDE) is a startup icon. You can start any
installed program from there. LO will be under "Office > Word Processors". OR
you can do like many of use and either put the icon on the desktop or in the
bottom panel.

Tom