Hi :)
PDP11s look interesting!

A short article that claims the default OS was Multics;
http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/PDP-11-Programmed-Data-Processor-11
but that many put Unix on it.  Wikipedia gives a great long list of OSes
that ran on or could run on PDP11s;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PDP-11#Operating_systems

As you can see in the url below Nuclear Power Plants are apparently still
using and plan to continue using PDP11's until 2050 !
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/06/19/nuke_plants_to_keep_pdp11_until_2050/