At 12:46 27/07/2015 +0900, Thomas Noname wrote:
Although the offered solutions are "OK", they are still "clumsy". Many years ago I used to work with WordPerfect. It had a very simple AND convenient function of inserting a "quick mark" at the cursor position whenever you save a file. And there was a shortcut key to return to this location. So sweat; no naming of bookmarks; no entering strings of characters and doing a search etc.

If this was so easy decades ago, I fail to see why we have to struggle in this hi-tech age with all cumbersome "work arounds".

Apparently you don't: I gather WordPerfect is still available.

Brian Barker