Luuk wrote
> Why did this option not get a 'reserverd place in the menu' ? together
> with the shortcut-key reference (
> <Alt>
> +X) ?
>
> An option like
> <Ctrl>
> +C is only known to all people (more than 75 % ??),
> because the shortcut key is next to it in the menu!

Hmm, interesting question.  The BZ tdf#73691 sheds no light, and I can't
remember any discussion of adding it to a menu. But it was prominently
advertised in the release notes for 5.1
<https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/5.1#Unicode_character_input_with_Alt.2BX>

The actual .uno:UnicodeNotationToggle command is available to assign in
Customization receiving default en-US name in Customization of "Toggle
Unicode Notation" and can be added to Menu, Toolbars, and Context menu. It
shows for LibreOffice globally as <Alt>+x -- Command Name and the keyboard
shortcut are localized and configured by os.

 I could possibly see it assigned to the Standard toolbar, adjacent to the
Special character dialog button.
But, I'm not sure how it could be ussed from menu, and which menu -- Insert,
Format or even Tools -- would hold it. Checked, and it does _not_ appear on
any MS Office menus.

So kind of seems the enhancement of the BZ issue was fully implemented--with
no functional reason to add it to a menu just to expose the shortcut.

Stuart

--
Sent from:
http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/Users-f1639498.html