Hi Jesse,

Thanks very much for your reply.
See my inline comments below.

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 1:37 PM, Jesse Connell <jess...@bu.edu> wrote:

> Hi Mun,
>
> What's the shell set to for the queue?  If I remember right csh is the
> default (and it'll use the default if you don't specify -S).  For example:
>
> For our setup "qconf -sconf | grep shell" shows:
>
> shell_start_mode             posix_compliant
> login_shells                 sh,bash,ksh,csh,tcsh

*​[Mun] I get the same results.​ *

> and "qconf -sq somequeue | grep shell" shows:
>
> shell                 /bin/bash
> shell_start_mode      posix_compliant

*​[Mun] Yikes!  Here are my results:*

*shell                 /bin/csh*
*shell_start_mode      posix_compliant*

*Okay, I'm new to grid config; so does the above imply that the CSH startup
file will be automatically read (if found) for every qsub job?*
​

> We recently switched the shell from /bin/csh to /bin/bash on each queue
> since so few were using csh anyway.  This still tries to source
> .bash_profile, since it'll be a login shell either way.  (Is that the part
> that's problematic, though, as opposed to csh vs. bash?)

*​[Mun] Yes (if I understand correctly).  That is, I don't want the shell
startup file(s) to be read re​gardless of the configured shell for the
queue.  I want qsub to leverage the calling env's variables (thus, I use
'qsub -V').  Is that possible?*

*Thanks again for the informative reply, Jesse.*

*-- *
*Mun*