I downloaded iptables-1.2.8-13.src.rpm from fedora,
then
> rpmbuild --rebuild iptables-1.2.8-13.src.rpm
> vi /etc/sysctl.conf
  net/ipv4/ip_forward =1 (was 0 origianlly)
> sysctl -p
> service iptables start

But when I entered http://(hostname)/example.html from
another computer, it just kept processing. The
access_log did not show any log info. So it was
blocked by the firewall on the Linux server.

The link you mentioned has a section for "Allowing WWW
and SSH access to your firewall", but I am not sure
how to do that. If I just want to let host1 access the
apache web server on host2, what should I do on the
firewall?

Thanks,
Joe