I am running into this error when I am trying to install the apache plugin module mod_wl_20.so on my apache web server running on Linux machine. the weblogic server is also on the same physical machine I edited the httpd.conf file with this line LoadModule weblogic_module modules/mod_wl_20.so After doing it when I run the command apachectl -t or httpd -t to verify the syntax it is giving me this error. httpd: Syntax error on line 199 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf: API module structure `weblogic_module' in file /etc/httpd/modules/mod_wl_20.so is garbled - perhaps this is not an Apache module DSO? I have copied the mod_wl_20.so from weblogic81/server/lib/linux/i686/ to httpd/modules which is my ServerRoot I do have mod_so.c enabled, which is confirmed by the command apachectl -l Can anyone please help me out why I am not able to load this module.