You are correct - it does catch both.  How do you cache only forward proxy requests? Am I going to have to explitly put every protocol?  What about ssl connect?

-Ryan

On 6/29/06, Joshua Slive <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 6/29/06, Ryan Pendergast <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am trying to setup caching for my 2.2.2 Apache Proxy server.  How do you
> setup the server to cache all forward proxy requests?
>
> By looking at the CacheEnable example in the documentation it seems as if I
> would have to enable it for every protocol.  Also the current documentation
> is a bit misleading -
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_cache.html#cacheenable
> states:
>
>  # Cache proxied url's
>  CacheEnable disk /
>
> This however will not cache proxied urls will it? A proxy request does not
> come in the form of 'Get /' - it comes in the form of 'GET http://'
> (<protocol>://).  I can see the above example caching requests to / and
> below that are setup via ProxyPass but not forward proxy.
>
> Can I do something like this:
>
> CacheEnable disk ://
>
> Will this cover every protocol that forward proxy handles? Thanks.

I believe that "/" is a special case that catches everything, proxy or
not.  (I haven't actually tried it myself, but it should be easy
enough to try it out and see if it works.)

Joshua.