Thanks thats a good idea.   However do you know of a way to do it without having to use a virtual host?  I'm trying to just specify the protocols (CacheEnable disk http://).  If I do it like this (leave off the host name) requests to http://www.apache.org/ don't make cache entries.  However if i explicitly put the protocol and the host (CacheEnable disk http://www.apache.org/) and make the same proxy request to http://www.apache.org it does make cache enties.  Shouldnt CacheEnable disk http:// satisfy http://www.apache.org??

I know its not as clean as the virtual host but incase one of my customers does not want to use vir. host. Thx Joshua.

On 6/29/06, Joshua Slive <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 6/29/06, Ryan Pendergast <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> You are correct - it does catch both.  How do you cache only forward proxy
> requests? Am I going to have to explitly put every protocol?  What about ssl
> connect?

SSL can't be cached on a proxy.  CONNECT is essentially a tunnel.

Most people operate forward proxies on a different <VirtualHost> than
origin content.  Then you can scope the cache directives in the proxy
<VirtualHost>.

Joshua.