On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 19:13:19 -0500
mickg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Overall, this is an attempt to transcode stuff before mod_proxy_html
> munges it horribly, as it does not accept windows-1251.

Firstly, that's not strictly true of mod_proxy_html.
See Question 1 in the FAQ.  It probably doesn't help, but it might.

Secondly, isn't windows-1251 just MS's bastardisation of Latin-1?
If so, mod_proxy_html should support it essentially correctly,
as it'll default to that if no supported charset information is found.
Which leads me to suspect a different configuration problem.
What does mod_proxy_html verbose logging tell you?

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/