On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 08:50:30 -0500
mickg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Secondly, isn't windows-1251 just MS's bastardisation of Latin-1?
> In the lower registers, yes. In the upper ones, no.
> Because it is really Cyrillyc-1251.

Oh, erm, right.  Cyrillic.  I must've been confusing it with
windows-1252 or something.

> [Mon Nov 06 19:15:07 2006] [info] [client 192.168.17.121]
> Content-Type is text/html [Mon Nov 06 19:15:07 2006] [warn] [client
> 192.168.17.121] No usable charset information: using old HTTP default
> LATIN1

OK, so your first post was right.  Just had to check:-)

I think I'd have to play with that hands-on to figure it out
with your attempted configuration.  It might be worth trying
mod_line_edit instead of mod_proxy_html.  You sacrifice the
markup support, but in your case the markup isn't properly
supported anyway, and you probably benefit from the fact that
it is also unaware of charsets.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/