Good afternoon all,

I'm trying to setup Apache for use with a fastcgi program I'm developing.
I'm not having any luck so I thought it was time to ask for help.

Here's what I'm trying to accomplish:
I'd like to have all requests with the extension ".fcgi" directed to a single fastcgi program. This program reads
the request url and performs the appropriate actions.

My setup:
Newest Apache ( Apache HTTP Server 2.2.9 ) for Windows on an XP system. (the ssl enabled version)

What I tried:
I've tried copying the various setups for php with no success. I believe I need to use the "action" directive.

I load the fastcgi module:
LoadModule fastcgi_module modules/mod_fastcgi.so
This seems to work.

I tell it about my program:
<IfModule mod_fastcgi.c>
FastCgiServer C:\temp\AjaxConvention\pluwt\Debug\pluwt.exe -processes 1 -port 9123 </IfModule> This seems to work. The apache log shows it loading the program and tcpview shows a connection on the correct port.

I configured the debug directory to hold the executable and told apache to run it:
<location /Debug>
SetHandler fastcgi-script
</location>
I can successfully invoke the fastcgi program by entering the correct url.
I can load static content from the document root.

What's wrong:
I can't find a configuration that will successfully send requests to the program with a different URL.

I believe the following should redirect anything with the extension .fcgi to the program:

Action fastcgi-test /Debug/pluwt.exe
AddHandler fastcgi-test .fcgi

If I then try
http://localhost:8080/test.fcgi
The log tells me apache can't find "test.fcgi" in my root directory.
The apache log entry is different when the fastcgi module can't locate the script so it looks like it's never being invoked.
I checked that the modules "actions" and "mime" were requested to be loaded.
Does action work? If so perhaps it works differently than I'm expecting? This is what's recommended in various php setup writeups.

The various bits of documentation are contradictory about needing to use a mime type instead of a user created handler with the action directive.
I tried that as well with no success.
I tried using ForceType on mime type thinking there might be confusion about the type.

If I use a <FilesMatch> directive with a regular expression it does forward the request to the fastcgi module but doesn't work as desired. If I request test.fcgi the request doesn't get sent to my fastcgi program instead the module looks for a non existent test.fcgi script. A rewrite rule won't work because I want to see the original request URL in the fastcgi program so I can determine what to provide.

I have commented out the regular cgi handling module in the configuration.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jay