To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 12:55 PM
Subject: Re: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Running Multiple Windows Services on port 8080

They are bound to one interface. I did see all the info on the Virtual host
and got it working.  My issue is that since they are different sites, if I
do maintenance on one site and have to stop the service then all sites are
down and I cannot have that. This is why I was trying to setup different
services.  Also I am limited to port 8080 because we will be using the BEA
Weblogic Plug-in to proxy back to our WL servers and we have established
only port 8080 is allowed to come through our firewall to talk to the WL
servers.

John

Brian Mearns-2 wrote:

You /can/ run multiple sites from different IP addresses on the same
or different ports, using virtual hosts, which are well documented in
apache. It basically just allows you to use custom configurations
depending on which IP address is accessed. So for instance, you could
have a different DocumentRoot for each ip address, which will quite
effectively give you different sites.

Do you actually have different network interfaces for each ip address?
Or do they all map to the same interface? If they're distinct
interfaces, I don't see any reason you couldn't set up a different
service for each one, but then again, I have no idea how to do it. If
they're all just a single network interface, then I'm pretty certain
it's not possible. This would pretty much defeat the purpose of a
port, which is to map a specific network connection to a specific
process.

But it sounds like virtual hosts might be sufficient for what you
need. You don't actually need different apache services to run
different sites at the same time.

Hope that helps.
-Brian